Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Have You Seen My Childhood?

  What ever happened to the days of my youth?  When the days where filled with coasting down a hill on my banana seat bike with the monkey bar handles, playing in a ditch with not a stitch of clothes on, watching Saturday morning cartoons in my jammies, making blanket forts with the dining table, being excited over a new coloring book and 24 count crayons, being tucked into bed so tight that you can't move, sleeping stretched out on the backseat on long trips in the car, and just seeing the magical and wondrous world of imagination.

   Many of these things I can no longer do.  My banana seat bike had been given away long ago.  If I were to play in the ditch with not a stitch of clothes on, my kids would think I'm crazy and the neighbors would be terrified.  Hubby refuses to tuck me into bed and thinks I AM crazy.  If I slept in the car during trips we would crash. And the forts have all gone.


   But I still love watching cartoons on Saturdays with the kids in my fuzzy jammies.  I still get myself a new coloring book and crayons at least twice a year, even though the kids think mom has lost all her marbles.  And my world of imagination still is fun to visit.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment